Director of Graphics
Location: Northcote Rd, Clapham Junction, London
Salary: £50k with lifestyle benefits
TYC is looking for a Director of Graphics to run, inspire and drive the graphic side of our business but let’s not waist time dancing, let's jump straight in shall we??
Here’s what we need to fall in love with you:
Are you a graphics and branding guru?
We already have a talented team but we have big aspirations for the next few years and feel that we need someone who has already cut their teeth and proved their creative credentials.
Describe yourself as a fearless leader?
We are looking for a person to both lead and build the graphic design capability within TYC. Someone that has developed teams and knows the challenges of keeping teams and clients happy.
Will you fight for what you think is right?
Passion and conviction about what is right for the customer, client or solution. Expert opinions and sector changing ideas need to be fought for.
Do you want to make a difference?
TYC embraces ‘happy fish, pond of opportunity’ meaning you can really make a difference to your pond. TYC is a place where team members work creatively and collaboratively to shape their future. BTW 100% of the profits that we generate go directly towards fighting pollution and climate change
Fancy working with brave clients that want to be challenged?
Our mantra is about working with clients that dare to be different. That means rethinking the expected and imagining a reality that blows minds and boosts ideas into the stratosphere.
TYC is a small studio with a close-knit, family feel, based in South London. The Director of Graphics will work alongside the Director of Interiors and Creative Director, as well as the two company founders to form the Management Team. Just so you know, we have big aspirations for our business, projects, clients and team members alike and this role plays an integral part of our future expansion plans.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record of successful graphic design, branding as well as digital and interaction design projects within the Retail, Food and Beverage, Property Development, Hospitality and Transport sectors. This person also needs to understand experiential design and how to craft an excellent customer experience.
This person must be able to inspire and manage the graphics team that will work across multiple projects at one time. You’ll have a proven experience of working with blue chip companies as well as entrepreneurs and start-ups across all aspects of the graphic design life cycle including;
- Taking client briefs and translating in to project requirements
- Facilitating and running both client and team meetings / workshops
- Creating a strategic direction for the brand / experience (physical and/or digital)
- Leveraging knowledge and science of branding and positioning to match that of the interior side of the business
- Driving brand identity concept generation, creation and execution
- Defining overarching ideas for brand engagement, user experience and interaction design
- Creating visual design concepts and finalising through design development
- Inspiration and art direction of the graphics team as well as interiors team (including suppliers)
- Review and signing off on all graphic production work e.g. copywriting, communication packs, brand guidelines, print ready artwork etc.
- Project management of the graphics team workflow, including freelancers and other members of the interior design and web production teams
- Business acumen in regard to the balance of making great design profitable (including service levels, managing scope creep, timekeeping and budgets)
- Keeping up to date with trends and a love for all that’s new and innovative
- Developing existing client relationships and farming new work
- Supporting new business activities and winning new clients
- Setting out a growth strategy for the graphics side of the business
We are looking for someone that is well versed in working alongside strategists, interior designers and web developers. This is a client-facing role that requires the person to be able to engage and manage clients in a proactive manner. There will be regular client meetings that will be planned, managed and run by this person, however the day to day will be conducted in our office in London.
Specific skills required for the role:
- Excellent idea and concept generation abilities
- Extensive experience in creating brand strategy and identity, marketing ideas and communications materials
- Outstanding skills in copywriting and creating content for websites and related brand materials
- Outstanding skills in creating campaign related graphic materials (experience must be in both physical and digital campaigns)
- Extensive experience in designing communication packages and environmental graphics for physical environments (especially retail and food & beverage environments)
- Extensive experience in designing uniforms, packaging and production of packaging
- Experience in designing responsive website interfaces focused on improving both website usability and the user experience
- Experience in designing applications for smart devices, including e-commerce apps
- Extensive experience in liaison with suppliers e.g. print houses, website and application developers
- Exceptionally confident and articulate when presenting concepts or ideas
- Outstanding client liaison and management skills
- Outstanding team leadership skills whilst also able to produce all project deliverables to an exceptionally high standard
- Outstanding art direction and photography direction skills
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Expert Apple Mac user
- Expert user of MS Office
- Excellent story boarding and creation of presentations using Adobe InDesign
- 2:1 or higher Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Branding or Design
- International design agency and client experience is required
If this sounds like you then please email us your CV and portfolio documenting all mind-blowing (and relevant) experience.