The Yard Creative is looking for a new Director of Brand to continue to drive the business forward. As a boutique design agency who ‘only work with clients who want to challenge a sector’ our abilities to see the world differently from others and identify opportunities for our clients is what drives us. Our client’s have already voted TYC as the No1 Graphics design agency in the UK and Top 50 in the world. This role will boost our growth in this area of the business and is a key hire to get match fit for 2021.
The candidate will be responsible for delivering world-class branding and graphics for our clients, backed by solid research, trends, insights and consumer behaviours mixed with an ability to think differently and innovate past the norm. We are looking for someone with a proven track record of successful branding and graphic design, as well as digital and interactive design projects for global clients across Well-being and Health, Retail, Food and Beverage, Property Development, Hospitality and Transport sectors.
Roles and responsibilities
This person must be able to inspire and manage the graphics team that will work across multiple projects at all times. You’ll have a proven experience of working with blue chip companies as well as entrepreneurs and start-ups across all aspects of the graphic design life cycle including;
• Taking client briefs and translating in to project requirements
• Facilitating and running both client and team meetings / workshops
• Creating strategic directions for brands
• Leveraging knowledge and science of branding to create remarkable brands
• Driving brand identity concept generation, creation and execution
• Defining overarching ideas for brand engagement, user experience and interaction design
• Creating visual design concepts and finalising through design development
• Putting as much emphasis on the use of ‘language’ to create brands not just the visual
• Inspiration and art direction of the branding and graphics team (including suppliers)
• Review and signing off on all graphic production work e.g. copywriting, communication packs, brand guidelines, print ready artwork etc.
• Project management of the graphics team workflow, including freelancers and other members of the team including researchers, strategists, interior and digital designers
• Business acumen in regard to the balance of making great design profitable (including service levels, managing scope creep, timekeeping and budgets)
• Keeping up to date with trends and a love for all that’s new and innovative
• Developing existing client relationships and farming new work
• Supporting new business activities and winning new clients
• Setting out a growth strategy for the graphics side of the business
This is a client-facing role that requires you to be able to engage and manage clients in a proactive manner. There will be regular onsite client meetings that will be planned, managed and run by you, however the day to day will be conducted in our office in London. Our client base covers UK, Europe, Middle East and the US.
Who will you be?
You’ll be your own person. Be confident in who you are, stand up for what you believe and never hide what you know. You’ll share everything you know to help others around you grow and flourish whilst be inquisitive to ask them questions back. People will describe your knowledge and energy as infectious. You’ll of course have a passion for what you do (otherwise why are you doing it?!), bring energy to the team and help grow our culture. And you’ll know your stuff. You’ll not bluff your way through, never lie and always have TYC front of mind.
What we’ll do for you
In exchange for bringing it everyday, we’ll ensure you’ll manage a wide variety of creative challenges, work with Global Brands and entrepreneurs, have exposure to many different aspects of the business and continue to learn at every step of the way. We’ll support you and believe in you. You’ll get a strong work life balance. You’ll be involved in all our cultural activities.
You’ll be part of an agency whose profits go towards affecting climate, demographic and economic change. At a time where we’re all telling our clients to have a bigger purpose, we’re leading the way and showing others how its done.
Specific skills required for the role:
If this sounds like you then please email us your CV and portfolio documenting all mind-blowing (and relevant) experience.